Furs by Chrys.com has been in the fur business for over thirteen years. Almost all of the furs we sell are used fur coats or fur accessories, with the exception of a few showroom display coats that are new. We consider our service to be a type of recycling as well as matchmaking: we sell unwanted or unused furs to new owners who will wear and enjoy their new fur coats. We are sure that the new owners will also appreciate the cost-savings and environmental benefits of buying used fur coats over purchasing new furs.
We are a small, web-based company and as a result, our overhead is very low. You will find that we pass the savings on to you in the form of low prices. You will receive the personalized service that only a small company can provide, and you won't get lost in the shuffle as with some larger companies.
We have had hundreds of satisfied customers! Please view our unsolicited testimonials
to read some of the emails we have received from our customers (printed with permission, of course).
A note from Chrys: We are often asked how we got into this business. My mother passed away in 1999, and one of the fondest memories I have of her was when I was a child, seeing Mom dressed up wearing her sheared beaver jacket. My brothers, my sister and I thought she was so glamorous! And the fur was so soft that we would run our hands through it. I can still recall that softness, how beautiful she looked and the smell of her perfume - she was like a queen to me! My quest for that kind of jacket led me into this business, so I dedicate Furs by Chrys to her memory; she would be very proud! My hope is that we are able to provide those kinds of feelings and memories to our customers as well.
We would like you to be satisfied with your purchase. Therefore, we offer a return policy for our furs. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, if it is returned in the same condition it was sent (and with tag still attached) within seven calendar days after receipt,
you may exchange it for a comparably priced item (or a credit toward a future purchase) or return it for a refund less a 10% restocking fee. All returns or exchanges will incur shipping/handling/insurance fees. Also, the return or exchange MUST be authorized. You must email us for an RMA number before returning it to us. Returns sent without an RMA number will be denied. No other warranties are expressed or implied. All sales are final for Bargain Basement Furs and layaway items.
Furs by Chrys normally ships within 24 hours of receiving your order (Monday – Friday). To deter theft, we will not use "Furs by Chrys" as the return address or use the word "Furs" on the package. All packages will be insured.
– We offer FREE
shipping on domestic orders! The free shipping offer is for orders only (any exchanges will incur shipping fees) and includes all shipping, handling and insurance charges within the U.S. via UPS Ground, insured, signature required. The exceptions are APO/FPO, Hawaii Alaska and U.S. territories which will possibly incur a surcharge to cover additional shipping/handling costs – e-mail us
for rates. If you would like your fur delivered to a PO box, or prefer US Postal service delivery, additional charges will apply. Expedited delivery is also available for an additional charge; please e-mail us
for rates. We reserve the right to substitute delivery carriers.
– We welcome our international customers! We have had many successful international sales and we do our best to ensure that every transaction goes smoothly. We ship worldwide (usually via US Postal Service Global Express International, insured). Please e-mail us
for rates or place your order and we will send you an email documenting your shipping charge. We will not be held responsible for your country's postal or customs regulations. Please check with your country's post office or customs office to determine if the fur is able to be delivered to your country and the cost of customs and duty taxes which you will be responsible for paying. We are required by law to mark the item as "merchandise" on the Customs form; please do not ask us to check the "gift" box.
– We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express credit card payments. We also accept money orders, cashier's or certified checks, bank wire transfers and electronic funds transfers. Personal checks will have a 10 business day hold (or until the check clears). Buyer is responsible for a $35 fee for any returned checks. Paypal and Google Check-out are also accepted forms of payment. You may also purchase your fur with our layaway plan
(click to view layaway policies). We reserve the right to verify the legitimacy of cashier's or certified checks. Indiana residents will be charged 7.0% sales tax.
– We prefer payment via bank wire transfer from our international customers. Merchandise will be shipped when the funds have cleared our bank. We will also accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express credit card payments from many locations but will likely need a copy of the front and back of the credit card to be scanned and faxed or emailed to us. We do our best to help make the transaction as easy as possible for you. Please contact us
for more information.
We are sorry, but we cannot accept credit card payments for layaway purchases or for any fur sold on consignment.
Used furs often have a monogram embroidered in the lining; unless stated otherwise, you may assume that the fur coats will have a monogram. It is very common and inexpensive to have a seamstress or furrier cover the monogram with a patch or pocket (with your own monogram, if desired). We will mention in the description if a particular coat does not have a monogram.
Top of Page
Fur is Green
– At a time when we are all trying to be conscious of how our lifestyles affect nature, fur is an excellent choice. Like leather, suede and shearling, fur is a natural product, a true gift of nature...
Truth About Fur
– Truth About Fur brings together top authorities from every sector of the North American fur trade to answer your questions and provide accurate information about this remarkable heritage industry. We’re very proud of the North American fur trade, and we want people to get to know us a little better.
– Fur Insider is one of the largest fur friendly magazine publications online. It serves those interested in the latest designers use of fur as well as other news about fur and even celebrities spotted wearing fur.
American Legend Cooperative
– Modern and chic, American Legend® garments continue to revolutionise the concepts behind fur fashion utilising an array of vibrant colours, while retaining a subtle sense of sophistication. Combining classic and contemporary designs, American Legends edgy, fashion-forward collection is quickly redefining the fur industry. The finest quality comes from the finest care.
– Fur Europe is the result of the merging between the European Fur Breeders’ Association and the European members of International Fur Federation in 2014. A Brussels-based umbrella organisation covering the entire value chain of the European fur sector, we live by the values of openness, transparency and reliability, and we work within the framework of sustainable economic, social and environmental development.
International Fur Federation
– The international fur sector is a responsible and growing industry. More than one million people are employed within the industry full-time worldwide and many more on a part-time basis. Fur is becoming the height of fashion with more designers choosing to feature the material in their collections and people wearing fur in greater numbers, as consumers are expressing their freedom of choice. Here you can find out how the industry functions, from promoting young people into the industry to finding out more about our members.
Burkina Faso Outreach
– “Sharing Christ's Love through Word and Deed“ - Burkina Faso Outreach (BFOAfrica.org) is a non-profit Christian organization in a small country in West Africa called Burkina Faso. BFO shares the gospel and cares for orphans and widows through education and a Child Sponsorship Program. If you would like to help, donate today.
Stand Up to Cancer
– Stand Up To Cancer is a new initiative created to accelerate groundbreaking cancer research that will get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives. SU2C's goal is to bring together the best and the brightest in the cancer community, encouraging collaboration instead of competition. By galvanizing the entertainment industry, SU2C creates awareness and builds broad public support for this effort. Donate now!
The Angel Band Project
– (In loving memory of Chrys' cousin, Teresa Butz) After Teresa's brutal rape and murder in July, 2009, her two lifelong friends brought together her family and friends to record an album to help others suffering from sexual violence. Using music to promote healing, raise awareness and create positive social change for survivors of sexual violence.
Also visit them on Facebook
. Here's how to donate
, if you would like to contribute to the cause.
– Because brains shouldn't bleed. Cavernous Angioma are mulberry-shaped abnormal blood vessels in the brain or spine. Angioma Alliance is an organization for and by individuals who have these abnormal blood vessels and those who care about them. Donate
to help find a cure.
At Home | A Blog by Joanna Gaines
– Wife. Mom. Renovator. Designer. Shop owner. Homebody. Watch them on HGTV's Fixer Upper Tuesdays 9/8pm CST
Favorite Fitness Program
Body Electric with Margaret Richard
– Create health and fitness with a passion! Look for it on your local PBS station. "Thirty years and more than 500 episodes later, series host, creator, and producer Margaret Richard is still bringing her inspirational message and low-impact, common-sense exercise techniques to fitness fans of all ages."
Top of Page